Z axis CNC for plasma 6" Travel Two Plasma Mounts with floating head, will fit 1"3/8 (35mm) torch.
You will receive what you see in the pictures. Please see pictures for details. FOR THC ON YOUR Z AXIS PLASMA TABLE, SWITCH INCLUDED, SOME WIRING REQUIRED
A rigid coupling is supplied and is 0.250 at both ends. For different rigid coupling shaft sizes please ask, its free. Stepper motor not included.
- The lead screw is Precision 3/8-12 Acme
- ACETAL Delrin® NUT 3/8-12 ++ ANTI-BACKLASH ++ Replaceable
- 4 Linear Ball Bearings
2X INDUCTION HARDEN PRECISION GROUND SHAFT (smooth movement with no scoring on shaft from ball bearings)
- This Z axis is precision manufactured using aerospace Aluminum alloy 6061.
- We carefully assembled using high grade fasteners .
- Front plate is wider, for easy attachment to your gantry, free of holes.
- Drill holes accordingly to your needs.
- Back plate dimension 0.250"x 11.5"x 3.5"
- Front plate dimension 0.250"x 3.0"x 4.5"
- Lead screw is secure with a lock-nut, no axial play.
- The assembly use anti-rust screws M5.
- ***For use with Nema 23 stepper motor 0.250 SHAFT*** (not included) (WEIGHT IS APPROX. 3.7 LBS WITH NO MOTOR)
EXPEDITE CANADA AND INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING WITH TRACKING
Floating Z axis ...(explained)
Sometimes we need to modify our CNC machine in order to achieve our machining goals as quickly and as efficiently as possible. CNC machines such as plasma, plotter cutters, lasers need mechanism that helps with measuring of material surface.
Good example of such modification is Floating Z axis.
The concept is pretty straight forward: Z axis has its own movable unit which is able to move when tool encounters with material surface.
Floating Z axis on a plasma machine is a safety feature that prevents any serious damage of your plasma torch, in case of hitting any obstacles on located on machine table.
For plotters and drag knife cutters, floating effect comes handy because it is much easier to apply pressure of the pen or knife onto material surface (paper, carton, vinyl etc) without the frustrating trial and error procedure.
Floating Z axis can also be used for measuring material top surface. In such case, floating z axis unit uses limit switch. When Z axis moves down towards the material, activated switch signals controller that surface of material was detected and zero work position of Z axis can be set.